Sunday, April 22, 2012

Weekend Recap: Oak Island and Rhiannon's Birthday

 Look at this GORGEOUS HOUSE! We visited our dear family friends the Deaton's home at Oak Island.  I felt a bit like a traitor as the name of the home is Tarheel Haven, GO PACK!!

I had three days off work and it was wonderful, I'm so bummed to have to wake up early and work all day long tomorrow. 

The time off was so fun.  My family (minus Josh) and my brother Matt's girlfriend's (Rhiannon) went to the beach.  It was our first time meeting each others families as her parents and brothers live in Washington (the state not DC).  Our families got along so well and acted like we've known each other forever.

We celebrated Rhiannon's 28th birthday on April 20th.  She wanted tacos and we had all the fixin's. YUM!


Rhiannon's family wanted to have a beach bonfire which none of the Campbell's had ever done -- I guess it is a west coast thing.  We didn't even know if it was allowed but Matt called and all we had to do was go to Oak Island town hall and get a permit.  It was free too- woop woop!  I asked the woman working at town hall where we could buy wood for the fire and she looked at me like I was insane but told me she had seen some sitting on the curb of a street nearby.  I also asked a girl working at Food Lion and received the same reaction.  We drove around and found HUGE stumps which we would have never gotten a fire started with but thankfully there were a few rednecks drinking beer and chopping wood nice gentleman who had a wood cutter and graciously cut the wood for us FOR FREE.  FREE permit, FREE wood...doesn't that just have a nice ring to it?

We decided to show the west coasters something they had never seen before and went and chased crabs on the beach with flashlights. Matt is SO brave picking that guy up!



Such a great weekend but I must be off to bed now,  Work is going to come way too early.

No comments:

Post a Comment