Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Raleigh/Cary Thrift Stores: Part 1

I absolutely LOVE getting a deal! Perusing thrift shops and garage sales are some of the best ways to get the biggest bang for your buck.  Here are a few of my favorite thrift stores, in no particular order!

1. Cause for Paws - http://cfpaws.com/
There are 3 locations for Cause for Paws: one on South Saunders heading towards downtown, one on Crabtree Blvd, and one on Gannon Avenue in Zebulon.  I have been to the first two but haven't ventured out to Zebulon yet. 

One of my FAVORITE things about this store is that on the weekends they have PUPPIES! Who can resist a puppy?  Rhiannon wanted one even after he threw up on her, that is true love. 




The store on South Saunders has quite a bit of clothes up front and then towards the back left they have furniture.  I have picked up a few frames and the Scooby Doo chair from CFP.

2. Helping Hand Mission http://www.helpinghandmission.org/

I visited 2 of the 5 Helping Hand Mission stores this weekend.  First we visited the one of Rock Quarry and then one that is downtown at 339 South Wilmington Street; for some reason this is not listed on the website but it is there as of March 31, 2012.

The store warehouse full of things on Rock Quarry is a LITTLE frightening, it is definitely not for the weak of heart or germophobic.  There may or may not have been a stench of urine in the air at certain parts of the store. But hey, sometimes you have to tough it out for treasures!

The building is NEVER ENDING!  Room after room after ROOM of things. TONS of furniture, books, and all sorts of random things.

Check out this room of TV's!


Nothing here has any price tags on it so you just ask one of the workers.  I had originally asked about a stool and was quoted $15.  I found 3 frames that I wanted and asked if they could do the whole bunch for $20.  They laughed at me but we settled at a mere $4 higher at $24 for the stool and 3 frames.  I'd say it was a pretty good deal!


I REALLY wanted a Nintendo 64.  For some reason I have been dying to play Yoshi's Story and Banjo Kazooie, anyone remember those?  The people working at the Rock Quarry store told me there may be one and I could "dig around" or they would have some at the store downtown.  I opted to go to the store but unfortunately they didn't have one.  Oh well!  The store is very small and mostly has clothes.  I think they had one chair and a few household items which are mainly what I search for.  I would definitely recommend going to the Helping Hand Mission on Rock Quarry if you're OK with searching for treasures.  Just remember to bring hand sanitizer :D

No comments:

Post a Comment