Saturday, May 5, 2012

Weekend Recap: Estate Sale!


Last weekend my friend Megan invited me to go to an estate sale in a pretty fancy neighborhood in Raleigh.  The house had been foreclosed on and apparently there was a "crazy lady with a credit card" who used to live in the house.  The house was huge, around 10,000 square feet and decorated with horrible country gingham wallpaper and other equally appalling choices.  The house obviously hadn't been updated at all but someone purchased the house for $600,000 and will be renovating it, I'm sure it will look AMAZING because it had great bones.  The woman had an enormous closet, probably the size of my BEDROOM.  There is also a pool house out back with a HUGE pool! Enough about the house....let's see what treasures were hidden inside.




















Okay so these aren't quite "treasure's" but they were pretty hilarious. Cosby Show and Saved by the Bell were some of the shows that these may have been featured on....this lady obviously hadn't thrown away anything since the 80's.  The sweater on the right actually had a tag on it for $110.   That was an EXPENSIVE sweater...that she apparently found enough sense to never wear it!

 Cowboy print with cinched waist and turtleneck.

Can't you just see Will Smith or Zack Morris wearing this?


I picked up this bar/cabinet for $25!



The end tables were listed for $30 each, I picked them up for $25 TOTAL.  The stool was $2.



I loved the detailing on this table but the man working the sale told me I didn't want it because the leg was broken....I offered him $3 and he accepted.  Nothing a little wood glue can't fix!



After my shopping i did what any reasonable person would do and headed straight to Lowe's to pick up supplies to revamp my new finds.  The end tables are going to be mint green and the stool is going to be coral. 



Sneak Preview: Fabric for my second quilt for Will's niece, Aubry,



No comments:

Post a Comment