Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Let's Get Crafty: French Provincial Buffet

My dining room needed an update, and QUICK.  It had random, cheap furniture I had acquired through college and tons of alcohol bottles and random clutter.  I wanted a credenza/buffet/sideboard/insert other fancy word here.  Of course I turned to trusty Craigslist and found a dresser that I thought would work with a little help.  The French Provincial style is so feminine and pretty.  The hardware is gorgeous with the curves and detailing.

Once we got to the house to check it out we realized it was not solid wood but had a veneer finish. We almost left it because we weren't sure we could paint over it but I REALLY wanted it and decided that if there is a will, there is a way.  I whipped out my phone and did some Google-ing (what did we do before Google, and GPS for that matter!). As long as you prime veneer furniture with OIL BASED primer you are good to go. YAY!  We loaded it up in Rhiannon's truck and I had a new project!

After and accessories.  The pictures above were my mom's mom that died before I was born.  The ballerinas go perfectly with the soft, feminine mood of the room.

Original hardware.

Dresser primed and painted with cream.

Drawer primed and painted cream.


Drawers painted gray with cream trim.

Spray painted hardware with black lacquer.

So much better than the dingy white and gold.

Before and After!


Dining Room Before and After

No comments:

Post a Comment